[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”25770″ img_size=”medium” alignment=”center”][vc_empty_space][vc_separator][dt_fancy_title title=”CineFAM Canada” title_align=”left” title_size=”h1″ separator_style=”disabled”][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]
[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_tta_accordion color=”orange” active_section=”0″ no_fill=”true” collapsible_all=”true” title=”FAQs and Submission Requirements”][vc_tta_section title=”FAQs and Submission Requirements” tab_id=”1496077595410-c49447d8-78b3″][mpc_icon_column layout=”style_3″ alignment=”left” title_font_color=”#333333″ title_font_size=”34″ title_font_align=”center” title=”FAQs and Submission Requirements” title_margin_divider=”true” title_margin_css=”margin-bottom:0px;” content_font_preset=”mpc_preset_44″ content_font_color=”#6d6d6d” content_font_size=”18″ content_font_line_height=”1.7″ content_font_align=”left” content_margin_divider=”true” content_margin_css=”margin-bottom:0px;” mpc_divider__width=”20″ mpc_divider__content_type=”icon” mpc_divider__content_padding_divider=”true” mpc_divider__content_padding_css=”padding-right:20px;padding-left:20px;” mpc_divider__icon=”eti eti_close” mpc_divider__icon_color=”#e0e0e0″ mpc_divider__icon_size=”22″ mpc_divider__lines_style=”dotted” mpc_divider__lines_color=”#e0e0e0″ mpc_divider__lines_weight=”2″ mpc_divider__margin_divider=”true” mpc_divider__margin_css=”margin-top:2px;margin-bottom:10px;”]
CaribbeanTales International Film Festival are seeking submissions from Canadian Women of Colour who are interested in making a short (max 5 minute) film.
What is the CineFAM Canada Short Film Challenge Challenge?
- CaribbeanTales International Film Festival, Trinity Square Video Telefilm Canada and are partnering to support 2 filmmakers in the creation of 2 short films.
- Each film must be no longer than 5 minutes in length (before credits).
- Deadline for submissions is June 24th. Please see below for submission requirements and link to online application form.
- All applicants must be Women of Colour residing in the GTA.
- Applicants may be the producer, writer or director.
- A sponsorship through Trinity Square Video will provide each filmmaker with a membership, allowing them access to some of the necessary equipment including lights and cameras at a reduced rate, as well as mentorship in post production.
- Filmmakers will be required to supply a closed captioned version of the film.
- Filmmakers will be responsible for all other costs necessary to complete the film.
About the Jury
- A total of two projects will be selected by a jury; made up of representatives from CaribbeanTales International Film Festival and Trinity Square Video. The jury will be considering the following:
- Artistic Merit:
- Is the artistic treatment strong, clear and artistically interesting?
- Is the artistic treatment inclusive of cultural/physical diversity that speaks directly to/about the Caribbean and/or Black experience?
- The jury will evaluate artistic objectives and process. Film submissions that are longer than 5 minutes will not be considered.
- The jury will evaluate proposed timeline and administrative elements of the project. Ie: Can the project be completed within the proposed timeline?
- The jury will evaluate the feasibility of the artistic vision. ie: Is it possible to shoot the script with the articulated vision. ie: are there too many locations, too large a cast, complicated stunts? We recommend keeping the script to 1-2 locations with a small cast size.
- Does at least one of the creative team involved have some previous filmmaking experience?
- Realistic budget in relationship to artistic vision. (see budget details below)
Submission requirements: The Jury will be looking at the following documents.
- Spec Script
- Short Bio (500 words) of the Key Applicant named in the project. Please provide previous filmmaking experience if applicable.
- Proposed Budget that includes the following:
- Include all projected expenses, equipment rentals, fees, location costs etc.
- Include all in-kind donations including equipment, and any projected in-kind services.
- Include all projected and confirmed revenue sources.
- Lists of creative and talent including
- confirmed list of at least 2 of the following: Producer, writer, director.
- A proposed list of key crew if possible.
- A proposed list of cast members.
- URL to Personal Website, IMDB page. (Any online resource that will help the jury get to know you and your work)
- Artistic Vision
- Click here to access the online application form.
Other important information:
- Filmmakers will be notified by July 3rd. On July 6th CTFF will hold a Media Launch where the winners will be announced and will be required to attend.
- Films must be completed by ____________________________
- All films will be guaranteed a screening at the CaribbeanTales International Film Festival 2017.
- Representatives from CaribbeanTales International Film Festival, Trinity Square Video and Telefilm will be actively involved in the dramaturgical and production process.
If your film is selected:
- You will be sent a check list of requirements that include but are not limited to:
- Timelines for Offline and Online edits, Mixing and post production.
- Credit guidelines
- Logo requirements including placement and size
- Closed captioning requirements (File format .scc or .mov)
[/mpc_icon_column][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][vc_empty_space][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”25663″ img_size=”medium” alignment=”center”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”25662″ img_size=”medium” alignment=”center”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][gravityform id=”7″ title=”true” description=”false” ajax=”false”][/vc_column][/vc_row]